I missed Friday and had to leave early Sunday morning so I only really attended the con on Saturday and the only event I was interested in attending was the Saturday Morning AMVs, which were amazing.  My favorites included the TV spots, which had Macross set to the original Battlestar Galactica, and Miss Kobyashi’s Dragon Maid set to Godzilla 2014 (which was the winner of the TV category).  They had me and everyone else in stiches.  The K-On one set to Queen was alright, but I will admit some it was lost on me as I’m not a Freddie Mercury fan.

My final stop was the artist alley, which is always fun seeing what people come up with, especially my favorite artist, muddymelly.  This time I only picked up some post card sized pieces, but they were excellent as always.[Photos New]<

K            Katsucon is one of my must attend cons and I was worried I would miss it this year, as I am now working on the west coast.  Thankfully my schedule lined up with the convention and I was able to attend.  I did have to take to the red eye from the west coast arriving Saturday morning, and was running on sugar and caffeine (café mocha is a godsend).  That didn’t stop me from presenting two panels, though.

The Biology of My Hero Academia- What the heck is a quirk and how does it work?

Gravity in Anime- Why too much or too little of it could kill you

Again, thank you to everyone who attended my panels and I hope you had as much fun attending them as I did presenting them.[Mac Next Switch PC Door Now The And On Out World Nintendo]

The post Katsucon 2019 appeared first on Anime Science 101.

While my time at the convention was short, a fun time was had by all.  Oh, and I did manage to snag a nice picture of the Sierra Nevada mountains on the way back.[Wa OP New Unveils Dekinai Benkyou ED Ga Spring PV Key 038 Comedy Visual Bokutachi]

I was a little disappointed in the dealers room because while I did find what I was looking for, I couldn’t find it at a good deal.  I was hoping to pick up more of the Spice and Wolf manga, and the Arpeggio of the Blue Steel manga, but I could only find them at market price.  If I have to pay full price, then I’ll just order them online and avoid shipping them back.  The Star Wars display in the back was nice, though.

.[REVIEW LOLITA ON CLIP WIG PONYTAIL L EMAIL BLACK]
Source: http://www.animescience101.com/katsucon-2019/

Comments
No comments yet. Be first to leave one!